Continuing Education courses are open to all levels of experience (unless otherwise noted) and feature demonstrations, lectures, hands-on studio activity and critique. Summers in Continuing Education offer the greatest number of both classes and schedule options. (The following formats are listed under "Program" in our View/Search function.)
- One-Week Intensive Sessions meet for six consecutive days, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Select one-week courses are available for half-day*, 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. or 1:30 - 5 p.m. Please refer to individual course descriptions for half-day restrictions.
- Five-Week Weekday and Weekend Courses meet once a week for six weeks, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Select five-week courses are available for half-day*, 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. or 1:30 - 5 p.m. Please refer to individual course descriptions for half-day restrictions. The CE summer semester is divided into two five-week sessions:
- Evening Courses meet once a week for ten or twelve weeks, 6:30 - 9:30 p.m. (New time!)
- Workshops, Lectures and Seminars are available throughout the summer, offering a condensed format to quickly learn about a given topic. The most common structure is for a workshop to take place over a single weekend, Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., but the length and format of these classes vary -- please see individual course descriptions.
- One-Week High School Intensives, open for students in grades 9 - 12, meet for one week, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. A PAFA Admissions Associate will visit the drawing and painting sessions to provide helpful insight into the portfolio review process.
- PAFA Continuing Education offers a range of special programs as well. Please refer to the menu along the left side of the page or check out:
* Note on half-day option: All courses are designed for full-time attendance; information/demonstrations given during one portion of the day may not be repeated for the other half. In general, courses feature more lecture and demonstration in the morning, and more studio time and individual critique in the afternoon. Half-day courses are available for non-credit only, and may not be combined to qualify for credit status.
FOR K-12 EDUCATORS: All PAFA CE courses are eligible for Act 48 hours and New Jersey Department of Education Professional Development credit. Visit our Registration Information page for details.